This course aims to provide an understanding of the nature of enterprise and entrepreneurship and introduces the role of the entrepreneur, innovation and technology in the entrepreneurial process. It is not about small business or lifestyle businesses but instead the development of growth-oriented businesses – whether for-profit or not-for-profit. Entrepreneurship is both a way of thinking and doing.
It involves “building something from nothing” and successful entrepreneurs know how to manage and mitigate uncertainty and risk. The course content is relevant to those individuals thinking about starting a business or who are already in business – large or small, those who are interested in commercializing their own innovations or of others, and those who advise entrepreneurs or engage in policymaking in the entrepreneurship area.
Line managers, Heads of department, operations team, sales and marketing team
- Discuss the attitudes, values, characteristics, behaviour, and processes associated with possessing an entrepreneurial mindset and engaging in successful appropriate entrepreneurial behaviour.
- Discuss what is meant by entrepreneurship and innovation from both a theoretical and practical perspective, and the role of the entrepreneur in the new enterprise creation process.
- Describe the ways in which entrepreneurs perceive opportunity, manage risk, organise resources and add value.
- Develop a plan for implementing entrepreneurial activities in a globalised and competitive environment is responsible for the social, ethical and cultural issues.
- Critique a plan for implementing entrepreneurial activities in a globalised and competitive environment being mindful of the social, ethical and cultural issues.
- Deep discipline knowledge
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Career and leadership readiness
- Intercultural and ethical competency
- Self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Promote the business
- Develop a marketing campaign in order to appeal to consumers
- Attract potential customers
- Manage the client portfolio
- Communicate with customers
- Develop a human resources strategy
- Define the business plan
- Fund the business
- Sell the idea to the investors
- Develop solid business models
- Create successful companies