Job Title: Court and Accounts Clerk
Reports to: Director
Salary: Kshs. 25,000 – kshs. 30,000
Scope and General Purpose:
The role will provide the Director with clerical support.
- Attend court sessions and keep records of court appearances.
- Prepare meeting agendas.
- Maintain office files in the required order.
- Prepare and deliver letters.
- Research and document required information.
- Where necessary, update clients and call for required documents in their possession.
- Prepare and keep in order court case documentation for varied cases.
- Prepare and sign and file affidavits of service.
- Act as Bank Agent
- Ensure all money received is properly receipted and promptly banked.
- Ensure all services rendered or to be rendered by the Institute/firm are properly invoiced and promptly paid for.
- Process payment vouchers and ensure proper approval before processing payment.
- Ensure all taxes required to be withheld are withheld and remitted promptly.
- Ensure timely dispatch of statutory and contractual payments.
- Prepare periodic reconciliations of assigned accounts.
- Maintain cheque books, process them, coordinate their banking and subsequent posting to the cashbook and general ledgers.
- Maintain up-to-date records of all receipts, receivables/debtors transactions, and creditors/payables transactions.
- Update receipts cashbook (bank book) and reconciliation to the bank.
- Maintain an up-to-date schedule of payments.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Updated and organized files.
- Timely execution of duties.
- Accurate entries.
- Adherence to procedures in regard to dispatch of cheques.
- Timely and accurate preparation and remittance of cheque payments.
- Updated transaction books/records for all transactions and receipt books.
- Updated register of cleared supplier payments.
- Accurate completion of end of day tasks.
- Timely and accurate reconciliation reports.
- Accurate and updated records.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience and Personal Attributes
Qualifications & Experience
- Certificate in Legal Studies
- Accounting Technician Diploma (ATD) or CPA I
- At least 2 years’ relevant working experience
- Proficiency in ICT with good MS Office and internet ability
- Organization and attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Effective document management
Key Personal Attributes
- Team work
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Honest and trustworthy
- Dependable and flexible
- Good bookkeeping and record management skills
If qualified and interested in this position please send your CV and cover letter quoting the role ‘Court Clerk’ on the subject line by 30th March, 2021