Reporting to: CEO
Job Level: Senior-Level
Location: Nairobi City
Salary: Kshs. 100,000 – 120,000.00
Our client is looking for a strategic finance leader to join our team to own and advance our financial planning, data analysis and Analysis processes. As Finance Manager, you will report directly to the CEO and play a critical role in translating Company plans into achievable financial results. You’ll develop forecasts, company financial models, and work directly with management across the Company to align on plans and measure results. This role requires a deep background in financial modelling and analysis, strong communication skills and a great deal of interaction and relationship building with key stakeholders across finance and the leadership team.
- Lead the finance team and be a trusted finance business partner across multiple departments.
- Oversee all finance operations including sales reporting, expenditure variances, forecasting/budgeting, driving financial accountability and working to improve interface between various departments.
- Own the Company financial model (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow),
- Utilise Company data to develop detailed revenue, pricing and margin models and run sensitivity analyses
- Preparation and management of the Company’s Quarterly Rolling Forecast process with a focus on budget control and enhanced efficiency
- Review and develop business processes that ensure accurate and timely of reporting
- Prepare the annual budget and perform monthly reviews as required.
- Be in charge of cash flow management and short-term funding requirements
- Own profitability and margins management, product costing, capital expenditure planning and review, inventory management, debtors management, suppliers management, OPEX management and business units management
- Carry out monthly executive commentary and variance analysis to budgets/revised forecasts while identifying opportunities for cost saving and revenue improvement.
- Manage month end reporting , tax and other statutory requirements,
- Verification of payment vouchers and reconciliation of discrepancies within the books of accounts
- Evaluate the various revenue channels, advising on risk and areas in which operational efficiencies can be attained as well as optimal application of resources to support the business.
- Manage the integration and usership of Adaptive Insights planning, ERP & reporting software into day to day business practices
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements, advising management on action points while maintaining confidentiality of company information.
- Develop pricing models by analyzing changes in product design, market positioning and real costs.
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services, including competitor analysis.
- Analyze actual operating costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual activity costs, giving recommendations.
- Summarize current financial status by collating information, preparing the balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other miscellaneous financial reports.
- Ensure that all operational reports are submitted accurately and within the laid timelines.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration/Economics or related field of study
- Must have a CPA-K and be a registered member of ICPAK
- Minimum of 6 years accounting experience
- Previous experience in Manufacturing/Production and Supply chain is highly preferred
- Strong experience of cost accounting in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in preparing company budgets
- Ability to generate and communicate ad hoc financial analysis
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence decisions at an executive level.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with people at all levels who represent a variety of diverse backgrounds