Employment Type: Full Time
Job Level: Management Level
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Salary Scale: Kshs. 90,000 – 100,000.00 + Commission
The General Manager is responsible to ensure that the strategic objectives set for the SACCO are achieved. The primary areas of responsibility are program management, financial planning and monitoring, human resource management, and relations with the Management Committee and other organizations.
- With the Management Committee, set strategic objectives and strategic planning for the Institution. Ensure that objectives and revenue targets are achieved as scheduled.
- Coordinate senior managers to effectively implement the SACCO’s strategic plan.
- Monitor the achievement of the SACCO’s strategic objectives
- Oversee compliance with policies set by Management Committee, government regulations, contracts, and donor requirements.
- Provide direct management of key functional managers and executives in the business unit
- Ensure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives
- Ensure overall delivery and quality of the unit’s offerings to customers
- Engage in key or targeted customer activities
- Oversee key hiring and talent development program
- Communicate strategy and results to the unit’s employees
- Report key results to corporate officers
- Engage with corporate officers in broader organizational strategic planning
- Education & Training
- A university degree in a finance related field, preferably B. Com / BBM (Finance / Accounting) from a recognized university.
- An MBA is an added advantage
- Professional Qualifications
Diploma in Co-operative Management or a minimum of a CPA4 or its equivalent will be an added advantage
Must have at least 5 years or more work experience in a financial institution
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and presentation skills
- Time management skills
- Strong team leadership and mentorship skills
- Good grasp of IT and Computer Skills
- Ability to prepare and maintain management accounts and financial statements for the society including budget in accordance to IFRS and other accounting guidelines
- Able to manage the Sacco Cash flows and cash flow forecast
Personal Attributes & Attitude
- Should have integrity and is able to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Be Self-driven and innovative
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to anticipate potential problems, determine and implement solutions;
- Able to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible, use initiative, self-evaluate and to work independently under little or no supervision