Reporting to: CEO
Job Level: Mid-Level
Location: Kisumu City
Salary: Kshs. 30,000 – 40,000.00
Our client employs over 40 people in its operations and activities. This cadre of staff is best managed by a full time HR, BP to take up the administrative tasks around them.
Main task of the position – to take direct responsibility for the HR function – recruitment, welfare, tasks and roles definitions, evaluations, grading and remuneration, in line with national and industry standards and guidelines. He or She will support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems, provide direction on policies and procedures, and actively recruit new staff by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process.
This position will work in close coordination with all departments.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Discuss the job openings and requirements with the head of departments and/or CEO
- Approach recruitment agencies, in consultation with the CEO
- Screen received CV and shortlist the potential candidates that meet the requirements and contact them to schedule interviews.
- Conduct first round of interviews, assess and provide feedback to both branch manager and head of departments by filling the interview evaluation sheet.
- Prepare employees contracts and undertakings in accordance with the Kenyan labor law.
- Liaise with the head of departments on the training scheme for the new employee.
- Initiate and establish an appropriate HRIS for the Chicken Basket HR function
- Handle the inclusion of new recruits into the HRIS.
- Ensure the accuracy of the payroll inputted data on the HRIS.
- Follow up and validate monthly accurate payment of monthly salaries and benefits.
- Prepare the relevant periodic reports.
- Assist in performance management processes.
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Maintain employee records (attendance, sick-offs, etc.) according to policy and legal requirements
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
Qualifications skills and experience
- BSc/BA in business administration, social studies or relevant field; further training will be a plus
- Proven experience as HR officer, administrator or other HR position
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus
- Strong organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics, confidentiality and reliability
- HR Credentials
Records and reports.
- Daily, weekly, monthly as required, and also on an event by event basis reports from oversight of staff cadre – Sales Ladies, Farm Managers, Drivers, Cooks, Waiters and Waitresses, departmental managers.
- Keeping statistical and financial records for HR and forwarding to individual staff handling HR administration and paperwork.
- Daily, weekly and monthly reports and projections.
- WhatsApp platform information exchange, updates and queries to the HR function on HR and staff issues.
|Job Category||Human Resources|